What is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that will reduce the surface area stress of liquid and produce a considerable amount of uniform and secure foam, that is employed to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is actually a substance that will make its aqueous solution produce a massive level of foam when mechanical force is introduced straight into the air. This type of material is actually a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of any Concrete additive is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, and it also cannot become a foaming agent. Surface activity is definitely the core of foaming.
The function of cement foaming agent
The primary function of a cement foaming agent is to promote the foaming of cement paste to create lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, resulting in the cement slurry to possess a huge number of pores during the construction process, thereby lowering the density of concrete and which makes it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, along with other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents can also enhance the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. Additionally, cement foaming agents can also enhance the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it easier to build and shape.
12 features and benefits of foaming agent
- It offers compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been capable of meeting the requirements. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this challenge. , a replacement for traditional insulation materials
- It really is lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively decreases the load of the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, while the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Improve the stability and life of the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer has a high amount of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively making certain the indoor floor is flat and never cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times those of the benzene board. It is made from perlite particles. More than five times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, that is 20-30 times those of ordinary cement.
- It offers good compressive strength: if the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: You will see no condensation round the warm water pipes during heating, and you will see no splitting involving the layers.
- Good bonding: The material utilized in foamed cement is cement, that has an exceptional bond using the upper and lower layers and will not cause hollowing or collapse of the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and will be combined entirely using the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to form a whole.
- It offers an anti-permeability effect: Because of the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is much more than six times stronger compared to ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is surely an inorganic material (cement) that fails to burn and thus has good fire resistance. When utilized on buildings, it can enhance the fireproof performance of the building.
Do you know the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and it is generated via a collection of complicated chain reactions. The product is actually a pure and clear oily liquid having a light yellow color. It is really not sensitive to difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near to neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and fails to contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, tough to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to create foamed cement has got the attributes of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, so it is commonly found in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices can be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin since the primary raw material and it is made through a series of hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It really is produced using imported advanced equipment and the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented during the production process. The product is actually a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, quality of sound consistency, outstanding foaming, and ideal foam stability; it really is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Because of the high surface strength of the foam made by this foaming agent, the foam is very stable. The bubbles of the foamed cement made with it will be in a closed state independent of each and every other, and there is not any link between the bubbles. The permeability resistance of the foamed cement products is quite high. At the same density, in contrast to foamed cement made with plant-based foaming agents, it offers better sealing as well as heat preservation properties and better strength.
The uses of cement foaming agent
- Construction industry
Cement foaming agents are commonly used in the construction industry and are mainly utilized to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the main advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. These are commonly used in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, along with other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used as building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used as building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road industry
Cement foaming agents will also be utilized in the broad industry and are mainly utilized to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the main advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and will reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used as road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used as road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge industry
Cement foaming agents will also be utilized in the bridge industry, mainly utilized to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the main advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which could detect the weight of the bridge and extend the service life of the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used as bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
Top Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is actually a supplier of concrete additives, which can be concrete foaming agent and relative products with over 12 years expertise in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. If you are searching for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])